Click here to see our Electronic Device Policy
The Rockaway Hunting Club, founded in 1878, warmly welcomes men and women visitors from kindred historic golf clubs around the world to play our challenging links course and to enjoy the traditional ambience of our members-only Club. Our Board has identified a select group of clubs whose members we wish to encourage to visit the Club and are inviting their members to play our golf course when visiting the New York City area. If your club has received our letter invitation, you are welcome to visit RHC with the following procedures to apply:
- We expect our Visitors to dress and conduct themselves as they do at their own clubs.
- A round of golf should take no longer than four hours.
- Each Visitor must have a verified handicap.
- Ours is a walking golf course and Visitors are strongly encouraged to use Caddies, when available.
- Please help us keep our course in proper condition by replacing divots, repairing pitch marks and properly raking bunkers.
Booking and Play
- Please contact Frank Argento, our General Manager by phone at 516-569-0600 ext. 110 or by email at Fargento@rhcny.com.
- We reserve five tee times per day between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Tuesday through Friday for Visitor play during the prime season (June 15 to September 1st). During non prime season five tee times per day between 9:30am and 10:30 a.m. are reserved for Visitor play. All tee times are allocated in advance with priority given to four-ball matches.
- Guest Fees must be paid at the Golf Shop prior to play.
- Upon arrival, Visitors are asked to report to the Golf Shop, which is adjacent to the first tee, at least fifteen minutes before play, and verify each Visitor's handicap. Late arrival may result in cancellation of bookings.
- A person may be a Visitor no more than twice in any year.
- Welcome & Registration
- Light refreshments
- 18 holes of links golf
- Driving Range
- Use of Locker Room, Shower and Sauna facilities
- $200 Visitor Guest Fee, inclusive of a $10 voucher in the Golf Shop
- Lunch is available in our Clubhouse or on our Patio 11a.m. to 3p.m.
- Evening dinners are available for Visitors on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday May 15 to October 15. Gentlemen Visitors are required to wear a coat and tie to dinner; Lady Visitors, “smart-casual” attire.
- Caddies ($60 plus gratuity), Carts ($35), and Pull-Carts ($15) are available as are Rental Golf Clubs ($50). Unaccompanied visitors that ride carts are required to take a fore caddy ($120 per foursome).
- Accommodations are available for Visitors for $180 in season (May 15 to October 15) and $110 off season. Dormy Visitors are invited to use our dining and bar facilities and our other Club facilities in season (grass and Har-Tru tennis courts, squash courts, fitness facilities, paddle-tennis courts, skeet and trap range) by inquiry through our Club Manager or House Manager.